The most beautiful place I have been in Eastern Kentucky

2 replies [Last post]
LouisaCat
There are so many beautiful places here in Eastern Kentucky. The other night I was looking out over the hills outside our home, looking at the full moon and the low lying clouds over the hills across the road. The air was crisp and cool, and there was a ring around the moon. It was a vision of the hills I have seen before, and each time it takes my breath away. To me, the Creation Falls area of the Rockbridge trail in the Red River Gorge is the most consistantly beautiful place I have been in Eastern Kentucky. We have some favorite trails in that area, especially along the Auxier Ridge that touch my heart every time I go there. When my heart is heavy and I need to recharge and often have a good old talk with God, I go there for focus and serenity. Where are those places for you? I will most likely want to visit them too.
KCat67
[QUOTE]There are so many beautiful places here in Eastern Kentucky. The other night I was looking out over the hills outside our home, looking at the full moon and the low lying clouds over the hills across the road. The air was crisp and cool, and there was a ring around the moon. It was a vision of the hills I have seen before, and each time it takes my breath away. To me, the Creation Falls area of the Rockbridge trail in the Red River Gorge is the most consistantly beautiful place I have been in Eastern Kentucky. We have some favorite trails in that area, especially along the Auxier Ridge that touch my heart every time I go there. When my heart is heavy and I need to recharge and often have a good old talk with God, I go there for focus and serenity. Where are those places for you? I will most likely want to visit them too. Posted by LouisaCat[/QUOTE] Hey Louisa Cat, Just wanted to respond to your post. I have never lived in Eastern Ky , although I did travel the territory for about 10 years when I was in sales. I can honestly say one thing, some of the best people I have ever met in my life are from the mountains. I have traveled the entire 48 United States and if someone came to me and offered me money to go anywhere I wanted , I would jump into car and head strait for the mountains.I will never forget one Autumn morning , I had spent the night in Harlan ( I have told BamaCAt this story before) After a sales call to Harlan Country Club , I decided to take( I think I'm Right ) Hwy 119 drop down into Cumberland and end up in Whitesburg. Being new to the area I came upon a sign up on the mountain called Inspiration Point. I pulled off on a little spot barely big enough for a vehicle got out of my pickup and I swear , if I have ever been any closer to heaven I can't remember it.As I looked out over those coal tipples and mountains thru the clouds, it was the most breathtaking sight I have seen in my life. Right then , I thought to myself , no wonder the folks that have been raised in this part of Kentucky , always talk about home and are simply chocked full of Appalachian Pride.The folks from up there match the scenery , just fantastic. I'm from central KY and I love it here . I have lived in Western Ky for 12 Yrs and I can honestly say there is no place like the Appalachins Mountains. Onward Upward Cat 67